How to Make Home Style Gravy at Home!
Why are you still buying gravy in a packet or in a can? It’s expensive. It doesn’t taste right. AND ITS SO EASY TO MAKE! Get rid of unnecessary chemicals and preservatives and make your own!
You are seriously missing out! It’s so easy that you’ll be kicking yourself for not learning sooner! Enjoy this Home Style Gravy with Chicken and Dressing, or on Biscuits. Just like mama used to make!
Recipe for Home Style Gravy at Home
Yield: 3 cups of gravy
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 4 tbsp of flour
- 3 cups of stock (Use your Bone Broth, or store bought works just fine! Chicken, Beef, and Vegetable stock all work well!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt Butter on medium heat.
- Slowly add flour 1/2 tbsp at a time. Wisk mixture!
- The mixture will become bubbly and brown. CONGRATULATIONS! You’ve made a roux. I didn’t tell you what we were making before this point because I didn’t want to freak you out! Maybe some of you are not easily intimidated, but when I throw weird French words around with my husband, he goes cross eyed! 😮
- Slowly add 1/4 cup of stock at a time to this mixture. Make sure to wisk thoroughly and wait for the mixture to thicken before adding more stock.
Comment and tell me what you think of this recipe!
What other kind of recipes would you like to see?
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog!
About the Author:
Brittany Freakin Chavez is a busy woman. She has a passion for improving people’s lives, and believes the best way to do that is through education! Brittany is the owner of Beautifully Connected: Doula and Massage in Oklahoma City. She is a passionate, motivated woman on a mission to share her knowledge and experience with everyone in the world!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.