Rich and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are soft, chewy, and almost cakey. I make them in a small tablespoon cookie scoop. They are tiny (so you can eat 300 of them,) they don’t spread much when the bake, and they are deliciously addictive!
These cookies have cream cheese in them! (How weird right?) Don’t let me lose you here. The cream cheese is what makes the cookies rich and chewy. These are SERIOUSLY the best cookies I have ever eaten!
The dough freezes really well! So these go perfectly with all of your freezer meals! And the cookies will keep for about 5 days in a Tupperware or similar container.
Recipe for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cream Cheese
Yield: about 2 dozen medium-small cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-9 minutes
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature (I get mine at aldi!)
1 cup natural sugar (I also get it at aldis!)
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt, (optional and to taste. I used pink salt!)
1 and 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks.
- In a bowl: combine the butter, cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed. The texture will be light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, optional salt, and mix until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Add chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Using a tablespoon, or small cookie scoop, little mounds. Flatten the mounds! Athe this point you can either bake the cookies or freeze them.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a chilled baking pan with parchment paper. Place them he cookies about 1 and 1/2 inches apart Bake for 8 – 9 minutes. The cookies are done when the edges have set and tops are almost set. They may appear undercooked, but do not bake more than 10 minutes. The cookies will firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before
- Cookies will keep in Tupperware for about 5 days. Unbaked dough can be stored airtight in the freezer for 3 months! So they thaw and cook nicely. Baked cookies also freeze and thaw relatively well. They still keep most of their texture.
Note: I have a huge family and double this batch. They are quick to make, and delicious. Share them with your friends and family!
Adapted from AveryCooks.
What do you add cream cheese to? I have been wanting to try brownies!
What other kind of recipes would you like to see?
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog!
Brittany Freakin Chavez is a busy woman. She has a passion for improving people’s lives, and believes the best way to do that is through education! Brittany is the owner of Beautifully Connected: Doula and Massage in Oklahoma City. She is a passionate, motivated woman on a mission to share her knowledge and experience with everyone in the world!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.